Thursday, June 4, 2015

Checking In

Almost six months after my most recent post.. here I am checking back in again :) Not that anybody probably even reads this blog, ever?

I feel like at this point my life is so entirely removed from everything I wrote about on this blog. Of course everything is not just a smooth easy path, there are always hard things that come up in life, but in general I feel like everything is going really great for me right now. I'm living on my own halfway across the country from where I grew up (being an adult, what??) in an adorable little house, am entering my second year of college, got a job, have a pretty solid life plan for my college major/future, and row with my college crew team and a private rowing club. I have incredible friends, even have had a few boyfriends, and am just generally really enjoying my life. I feel like I kind of have it all together right now. And part of that is realizing, life is not always easy, I do go through hard things still. But I've found that it's just part of life, going through difficulties, and what matters is being able to get through the hard times and recognizing that it's all part of your path, but doesn't have to define your entire story.

I define myself by everything good in my life. I see myself as everything I'm doing now and moving forward. My past has played an integral role in getting to where I am today, and without having gone through all the difficulties I did, I never would have gotten to this incredible place I am now. It is all part of my past, and it wasn't always easy but I'm glad it all happened, it is a part of me but doesn't have to define me. I define myself as a college student, a computer science major, a rower, a traveler, a happy, energetic person who can handle what life throws at me.

If anything, all my struggles have taught me that I can get through anything in life. I think that's a major part of the confidence I have right now. I know that I will be able to get through whatever hardships come up, because I have in the past gotten through some of the biggest challenges I can imagine, some which I wrote about on this blog and some which I've kept to myself. I'm no longer afraid of the future, of bad things happening, because I know I can deal with it.


---

I've thought a lot about making this blog private. I'm so far past everything I wrote about here, and now moving into my future I don't really want the possibility of somebody in my life today finding this blog, seeing all my pictures and private thoughts from years ago. I'm thinking about making a new blog, not sure whether I will make it public or private, feel free to send me an email if you would like the url for my new blog when I get around to making it. But if anybody would like to stay in contact with me, or even contact me for the first time, I would be more than happy to talk with you about anything at all, please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email. I think I'll leave the blog public for a few more days, just so people can see this post and contact me if you want, and then I'll switch it to private.

Thank you all for the support you've given me over all these years, and I wish you nothing but the best moving forward in your own lives!

2 comments: